Amazon has just recently acquired Souq, the largest online retailer in the Arab world with operations in both the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). And even though this acquisition took place in 2017, there are still plenty of people who are unaware of this fact. So why has Amazon acquired Souq? What makes Amazon so unique and what can they offer the Arab market that other companies cannot? All of this will be addressed in this blog post, along with some specific tips on how Amazon can take over the Arab market!
Top 5 Relevant Facts on Why Amazon Will Dominate the Arab World
- Arabic speakers are one of the fastest-growing demographics in the world.
- Arabs spend $200 billion annually on e-commerce and they’re projected to spend $350 billion by 2020.
- Arabic speakers are less likely to own a credit card than other language groups, making online shopping difficult. The Arabic Shopping Guide provides an alternative way for Arabic speakers to shop on Amazon.
- Arabic is the 6th most popular language on Facebook with more than 130 million Arabic speaking users according to Social baker’s data from October 2017.
- Google Translate isn’t reliable when translating Arabic into English – it will translate what’s written but won’t provide contextual understanding. With the Arabic Shopping Guide, you’ll get translations that make sense.
Amazon vs Google vs AliExpress
Google and AliExpress may be great for shopping, but when it comes to Arabic-speaking buyers, Amazon takes the cake. The e-commerce giant just launched a dedicated Arabic shopping guide to make it easier for Middle Eastern customers to find products they want. In addition to providing information in Arabic,also features translations of commonly searched items in English, French and Russian.
Amazon Has Free International Shipping, In Most Countries
Amazon Prime members have access to free international shipping in most countries. Which means that they can order things from Amazon’s website. And get them delivered to their door within just two days. It’s a convenient option for people who want to buy something but don’t want to pay high shipping prices.
Amazon Has a Bigger Selection of Products
- Amazon has a much larger selection of products than most other sites in the Arab world, and it’s expanding every day.
- There are over 1 million Arabic books on Kindle, and there are also Arabic translations of bestsellers like The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- Amazon offers discounts on shipping to customers living in Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates
Amazon has Better Customer Service
- Amazon offers a wide range of products at competitive prices.
- Products are available locally, without having to pay for international shipping costs.
- Amazon has a wide range of local retailers with competitive prices. And excellent customer service. Many people prefer to order from their local retailer rather than deal with international shipping.
- Amazon’s competitive pricing can lead them to have better availability in cases. Where other online stores may not be carrying a particular product due to high demand. Or it being too expensive for them.
Reasons You Should Shop at Amazon
- Free Shipping: Amazon offers free shipping on most orders.
- Reliable delivery: Buyers can track their package’s progress from shipment to delivery, even when it’s coming from another country.
- Wide variety of items: You can find almost anything on Amazon.
- Amazon Prime memberships: Sign up for a monthly or yearly membership and you’ll get access to special deals and discounts, plus unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on eligible orders.