Children love to read, but finding the right book can be tricky when you consider all of the different types of books available in today’s market. Choosing the right book helps to give your child the best chance at loving reading, which will not only help them develop as readers but also gives them an opportunity to explore their imagination and gain new knowledge on any number of subjects. These are books that parents and children alike will cherish for years to come.
Books for babies
EHeyo is a company that prints and binds books for children in a variety of sizes. They print the books with soy-based inks, which are safe to use around children and have reduced environmental impact. The books are also printed on recycled paper and packaged in recyclable materials. EHeyo is committed to publishing innovative children’s book titles by award-winning authors as well as new authors with fresh perspectives. They publish bilingual books, folk tales and classics from around the world in English or Spanish (or both). For older children: I just found out about Black Doll Magazine! It’s a quarterly publication aimed at girls ages 8-14 who want to see themselves represented positively and realistically. Their mission statement reads: Black Doll Magazine will be an opportunity for girls of color all over the world to see themselves—their stories, their feelings, their realities—reflected back at them through images they can relate to.
Black Doll Magazine was created by two mothers after their daughter was repeatedly disappointed when she couldn’t find any characters on TV or in magazines who looked like her.
Books for 3 years old children
This is a fantastic list of books that have been recommend by the eHeyo team. They’re sure to put a smile on your child’s face, and they’re all written in a way that will keep them reading and learning. The books are divide into sections base on age so it’s easier to find what you’re looking for. If you know someone who just had a baby or has an older child, this is the perfect gift! We hope you enjoy these recommendations as much as we do here at eHeyo.
Fun books with pictures that make you laugh
Some books make you laugh, some make you cry, but these books will have you doing both. Here are seven children’s books that will make your little one laugh out loud.
- The Big Blue Book of Beginner Books by Dr. Seuss:
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle:
- Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney and Anita Jeram:
- Go Dog Go! by P.D. Eastman:
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff and Felicia Bond:
- Scuffy the Tugboat by Gertrude Crampton and Stephen Andercrantz:
- Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
Great gift ideas
- The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt
- Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
- Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
- The Monster at the End of This Book by Jon Stone and Michael Smollin
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle 2
- My First Book of Colors, Shapes and Numbers