We all make mistakes when it comes to writing. The good news is that there are tools available to assist us in improving our writing skills, such as Grammarly. Grammarly now works in tandem with Google Docs to provide stress-free (and error-free) writing.
Grammarly is a simple proofreading and text editing application that can be used to proofread everything from business emails to blog articles. The tool can detect grammatical problems in your content and make suggestions for improving clarity and tone.Grammarly is a free internet tool that allows you to copy and paste the text. You may also use the Grammarly app to make quick edits on the go.
How to Install Grammarly in Google Docs
Gogle Docs is one of the finest places to use Grammarly. It’s especially beneficial if you use Google Docs on a regular basis because it saves you time by eliminating the need to copy and paste your text to and from the editor. You only need to install Grammarly within Google Docs.
You’ll need to install a browser extension to use Grammarly. Grammarly is currently available on Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. However, we recommend using Google Chrome for the best results.
Get an extra discount if you use Grammarly Student Discount.
Install the Grammarly Chrome Extension
You’ll want to open Google Chrome first. Then, to install the extension, follow these steps:
- Look for the Grammarly extension in the Chrome Web Store (or follow this link).
- To begin the installation, select Add to Chrome.
- Select Add Extension if asked.
The rammarly extension has now been successfully installed and is ready to use. The green Grammarly icon should appear in the upper right-hand corner of your browser. If you don’t have Grammarly pinned to your taskbar, choose the puzzle piece icon, find it, and click Pin (the pushpin icon).
How to Use Grammarly in Google Docs?
Now you can use Grammarly in any application that allows you to text, including Google Docs. When you log into Google Docs and open a document, the Grammarly icon should appear in the bottom right corner of your screen.
Depending on your work, this icon will perform a variety of functions. Let’s become acquainted:
Icon for loading: This indicates that Grammarly is checking your work in real time. Grammarly will provide you with a report in a matter of seconds.
Icon in green: This indicates that your text contains no errors. Congratulations!
A number in a yellow icon: This indicates that your text contains minor errors. The number will indicate the number of errors in your content.
This red indicator with a number indicates that your text contains major errors that must be corrected first. The number, like the yellow indicator, will indicate how many serious errors are present in your content.
All you have to do to use Grammarly is start typing. Grammarly will flag errors and make suggestions while you work. For example, you might notice a misspelt word highlighted in red, which is a serious error.
To see Grammarly’s suggestion, simply click the underlined word. You can then edit a recommendation or dismiss it by selecting Edit or Dismiss.
You can also choose See more in Grammarly if you want to see more detailed information about your work. If you have a Premium account, you’ll be able to see premium suggestions like word choice and level of difficulty.
Read our best plagiarism checker similar to Grammarly.
What If Grammarly Icon Is Not Visible In Chrome?
Grammarly for Google Docs may be disabled if it isn’t giving you suggestions or if you can’t see the Grammarly icon on your page. Locate and click the Grammarly symbol on your browser’s toolbar. Then, make sure that Google Docs’ Check for writing recommendations is enabled.
If it isn’t, switch the toggle on and go back to your document. After that, Grammarly should start checking your work.
Some Useful Grammarly Tips & Tricks
- Change your writing style quickly: Do you require Grammarly’s British English suggestions? What about the English spoken in Canada? If this is the case, simply click on the Grammarly icon and select your writing style from the option next to I write in. There are currently four options available: American English, British English, Canadian English, and Australian English.
- Turn off suggestions you never use: Some Grammarly suggestions, such as the Oxford comma, are ones you should never use. You can disable these suggestions if you have a Grammarly Premium, Business, or Education account. Simply click the Grammarly symbol and then All Options to access your settings.
- Use the Grammarly symbol to quickly check a new document: Do you want to use the Grammarly browser tool to check a document? By picking the Grammarly symbol and then clicking Add New Document, you may create a new document straight inside Grammarly. Inside Grammarly, a new document will open in a new window.
- Choose a different language: Do you have a second language besides English? If this is the case, you can modify it within Grammarly. Select All Settings > Customize > Language from the drop-down menu. Using the dropdown menus, you can choose your major language and the language in which you write.
- Include a style guide for your company: If you use Grammarly for business and have a Business account, you can create rules for your entire company in Grammarly. This is an excellent approach to ensure that emails, blog posts, website pages, and other communications are consistent no matter who is authoring them.