There are many things that make Apple’s iPhones successful, but three stand out. First, they use the latest technology and innovations from other companies. Second, their designs are simple and clean. Third, they’re easy to use. They’re also really useful gadgets for people who spend time on the go. This article explains how to block phone numbers on iOS and Android phones, as well as how to view and monitor numbers and how to hide your number when making proactive decisions.
How to Block Numbers on iPhone
Most smartphones block you from accessing phone numbers you don’t need to try not to receive spam calls or isolated calls. Another option available is to block your own caller ID from being displayed on the beneficiary’s gadget. There are two options on Android and iOS phones. The all-important cell phone working framework provides a method for blocking incoming phone numbers.
Follow these steps to block phone numbers on your iPhone:
- Open settings from any home screen (press ‘Home’ button twice).
- Click on Cellular Data & select Blocked Numbers.
- Add the number that you want to block and click Done.
- Once done, you should be able to easily find all blocked numbers on the list, even if they are not listed under the “Blocked” tab.
- You can unblock a number using the same steps.
- To remove a number completely, simply delete its entry.
How to Block Apple iOS Phones
Apple iOS Mobile devices are becoming increasingly popular. Most people use them at home or office. But if you do not want others to get access to your data stored in your iPhone, iPad or any other device running on this operating system, then you need to learn how to block Apple mobile phones from accessing network connections.
Here are some ways to block Apple iOS devices from connecting to networks:
- You can set the wireless settings to Airplane Mode. This way no signals will reach the device and thus it cannot connect to the internet.
- If you have already connected the Wi-Fi hotspot, turn off the WiFi connection. And disconnecting the WiFi will prevent anyone from using it.
- To completely disable the Internet connectivity, you should remove the SIM card from the phone.
- Some people suggest that if you have purchased an Apple device, you should contact the company and inform them about your concerns. They may provide assistance with blocking their services via an app.
How to Block Numbers on Android Phones
A number lock is a security feature that prevents unauthorized access to your phone. This type of secure device control can protect sensitive information and prevent theft. However, if you lose your phone or have lost the SIM card, you might not know how to block the number on your smartphone. If you want to block a number from accessing your phone, follow these steps below…
- Find the app with the blocked number
- Tap force stop (or uninstall) to remove the app
- Click on the app icon and press the back button
- Scroll down until you find the app with the blocked numbers
How to Permanent Block From Caller ID
Call your wireless transporter and request a line block to permanently lock your phone number in outbound caller ID. This change is extremely durable and irreversible. While customer support may try to persuade you to reevaluate, the decision is yours. Individual transporters support additional blocking highlights, such as blocking explicit numbers or messages. Although the code to call your portable transporter may change, 611 generally works for mobile phone client support in the United States and Canada.
Can I delete multiple contacts on my iPhone at any time?
Erasing copies directly on your iPhone is simple – but at the same time it’s really boring. It is on this basis that you need to specifically erase each contact. Assuming you have multiple copied contacts, you’ll need to iterate these tools for each contact.
Sadly, the already launched Contacts app doesn’t provide an element to check your contacts, track down duplicates and give you a simple method to dispose of them. For this you can find many external applications on the App Store.
iCloud can also delete contacts
Apple’s iCloud service has been touted as a way to keep your contacts safe from prying eyes, but it turns out that Apple’s data-backup service can delete your contact list if someone gets hold of your password. (The company says they don’t store passwords.)
A researcher at security firm Lookout discovered several flaws in how iCloud stores user information, including contacts — even those that haven’t been backed up yet. He didn’t say exactly what happened to them once he discovered them; for example, could he have deleted their entire address book? But apparently he did get access to some personal information.
Here’s what he wrote in a blog post:
- “I was able to retrieve data belonging to users who had not yet synchronized any data with iCloud through a combination of brute force attacks, guessing accounts’ usernames and passwords, and social engineering techniques.”
- In other words, he wasn’t just looking around on his own computer when he stumbled across this problem.
- Lookout notes that the flaw only affects iPhones, iPads, and Macs running OS X 10.7 Lion logo. And while it may seem like a big deal, it isn’t really anything new. There are plenty of ways for hackers to steal contact lists from people’s phones already. For instance, it’s easy to gain access to an iPhone’s address book using iTunes after syncing it over Wi-Fi — which means that all of your contacts would be sitting right there waiting to be grabbed.