If you’re anything like me, you’re constantly wondering what the 25th island of Greece is. I mean, how many islands are out there? 10? 20? 100? Sounds like a lot! I’m not sure what to think, but I’m all about finding out. That’s why, in an effort to know everything and be the smartest person at my next cocktail party, here’s a list of 25 islands of Greece that don’t even exist… yet.
what is the 25th island of greece
1. Homer’s Island – The island where Mr. Simpson lives2. The Island in the Migrant Crisis – This is the only 25th island of greece island that you can find Syrians, Iraqis, and Afghans lounging on the beach together while they wait for their papers to be processed (hypothetically).
3. The Island of Dancing Horses – It’s a “Greek Mykonos” if you will… but better!! Also home to many famous dancing horses that no one has ever heard of!
4. The Island of a Million Spanish Tourists – It’s like Ibiza, but with beaches and very frequent ferry service to Athens!
5. The Island of Disappearing Languages – Where the people speak Spanish and English, but everything is in Greek.
6. The Island of the Imposter Pianists – The only island with an actual population of pianists.
7. The Island with a Secret Undersea Temple to Aphrodite – Wait, Let me take that back…
8. The Island of a Thousand Erotic Inscriptions – It looks like Crete, but is actually Spain (for all you Spanish speakers out there).
Image by Peter van der Krogt from KiKiMedia on Vimeo .
9. The Island Where the Cyclades are Actually Norways – This one is actually real, but nobody has figured it out yet. And that’s why you’re going to be the first!
10. The Island of a Thousand Libraries (and also thousands of hotels) – The island where every city has a library, museum and hotel… and each one of those things is beautiful.
11. The Island with the World’s Smallest Borders – Part of mainland Greece that is so small you can walk across in less than 5 minutes… or take an easy ferry ride for 3 euros!
12. The Island of Two Cities and Three Forts – This island has two cities, but three forts.
visit 25th island of greece
If you’re one of the fortunate ones that have a chance to visit Greece, then you can consider yourself lucky. This gorgeous country has plenty to offer and is the 25th largest island in the world. It’s also the southern-most point in which olive trees grow naturally, and boasts more archaeological ruins than anywhere else in Europe!
In this post, we’ll show you 25 of Greece’s most beautiful sites that every traveler should add to their bucket list. Let’s get started!